Our main goal:
to shift from a product-centric culture to one that embraces customer-centricity.
Merial, now a part of Boehringer Ingelheim, is the world’s leading animal health company. Manufacturer of NexGard®, FRONTLINE® Plus and HEARTGARD® Plus brands, vaccines and therapeutic products, Merial distributes its products primarily through professional veterinary channels to over 30,000 clinics and is the leading direct-to-consumer marketer in its category.
For more than a decade, Merial and rDialogue have partnered to deepen Merial’s B2B and B2C relationships.
When Merial first approached rDialogue in 2005, they were pondering some significant questions:
- What are best practices and key drivers of customer loyalty in a B2B environment?
- How can we identify our best customers, recognize and treat them differently?
- What can we do to evolve our customers’ experiences – and the complete customer journey?
- With an under-staffed business intelligence team, what can we do to effectively measure how our marketing programs perform?
- How can we capture end-user information for communication purposes since our products are offered exclusively through the veterinary channel?
- What’s the best approach to serving our veterinary customers with useful content that can be pushed through to their clients (pet owners)?
Throughout the partnership, rDialogue has helped provide Merial with solutions through multiple disciplines, from loyalty and relationship marketing strategies to program communications development and support, data analytics, market research and performance reporting. As a result, Merial has been successful in building stronger and more profitable customer relationships with veterinarians and staff teams.